Had diarrhea, vomiting with pink color, pain, have had esophageal problems, family history cancers

Hey I hope you can give me some insight on this. I new to Diamondhead MS and really get a suggestion as to see. Anyway I woke up very early today with diarrhea, vomiting that has a dark pink color, doesn't look like bright red blood though. I have dealt with esophageal problems over the years occasionally. I am experiencing pain from that all day. Have been in red all day and would like some suggestions and where to begin. My Mother had 8 siblings which all died from cancer. Mainly cervical, pancreatic, colon and breast cancer. Than you for any advice you can give me
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
I suggest you not to ignore those symptoms.Dont need to be concerned,but take some time and do tests step by step to rule out something serious. You will feel and sleep better knowing that you are helathy. If you are older than 55 the risk of all these cancers youu ve mentioned is increased. especially if have genetic predispositions. So first colonoscopy should be done at 50,and next one in 10 years,but every year should digitrectal exam be performed. You should now start with gastroscopy and stomach biopsy to see is there helicobacter infection and plan further tests after that. Of course, alchohol and smoking is forbidden...
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Relax -
Everybody may get some problem at some stage! - if only it occurs at an early age, then is the need for concern. Cancer in your mother's siblings seem to be from varied areas and may not have a direct roll for you. You have not stated your age, gender, personal habits, family history or co-morbidities... If your symptoms are gastro-intestinal, see a specialist and get an endoscopy...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck