Had diarrhea, bloating. Have a colonoscopy lined. What should I do meanwhile?

I recently had pain & discomfort, gas, diarrhea , bloating , etc in my abdomen and I was referred to a gastroenterologist ....when the doctor examined me before scheduling a colonoscopy a pelvic exam was not done even though I had lower abdominal pain. For the procedure I wore a gown & paper pants with an opening in the rear. I was lying on my left side and the nurse started the drip, the last thing I rememeber was the back of the pants being opened. When I awoke the pants had been removed, is that normal? I was wondering if the doctor might have done a pelvic exam while I was in the prodeure room.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012