Had diarrhea. Now developed a huge rash on the upper body. Is this something serious?

Hi, I have a 5 year old son who has been battling with vomiting, diarrheas, and now got a rash all over his upper body. He did have a fever couple days ago, vomited two days ago, and again today, diarrhea for 2 1/2 days and now he developed a huge rash that is covering his whole upper body. He also complains of stomach pains non-stop for the last few days. He was having body pains, but not today other than tummy. Should I be concerned, and take him to the ER, or just wait it out like they told me on Wednesday?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013