Had depo shot. Bled continuously for 3 months. Sometimes spotting, sometimes passing clots. Reason?

I ve always had a regular menstrual cycle until i started the depo shot back in august. that s when i noticed that i was bleeding for 3 straight months. I then stopped bleeding for about 3 weeks and since then, I have not had a break. I have not returned for another injection but i am still having bleeding. sometimes spotting and sometimes really heavy and passing large clots. why could this be happening? any why so long
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013