Had depo provera. Getting periods twice a month. Taking Nordette. Treatment accurate?

Hi mam, I got off depo provera in October 2012. I was on it for 5 months and during that time I had no periods at all. in January I started having light bleeding lasting 3 days and I get my period twice a month. My OB has put me on Nordette for 1 month. My question is how accurate is this treatment when trying to normalise my period and in assisting me to get pregnant
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Nordette is an oral contraceptive that is composed of two medications: levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol.
Oral contraceptives help to regularise periods in persons who have problems with irregular periods.Regularity is important in conception

Because it is an oral contraceptive , it will help with the period regularity but would actually not encourage conception ,you are however, only using it for a short time.

I hope this helps