Had dental abscess. Had an extraction. Having foul discharge from nose and mouth. Prescribed ibuprofen. Suggest?

Hi, I had a dental abscess , from an upper right tooth , and I had an extraction today. I am having a large (I think) amount of foul, purulent discharge draining from my nose and mouth today. I gather that this is normal, that the abscess found a way to drain. What I am wondering though, is this - should I not be on antibiotics for the infection, as well? I am running on-and-off low-grade temps. They prescribed ibuprofen and acetaminophen for the pain, which I have been alternating every three hours as they told me, as well as soft foods, no sucking or spitting, etc. Any help at all is appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013