Had dengue fever, had high fever, platelets count abnormal, itching on body, no rashes. Is this normal?

My daughter Nidhi, aged 21 years is just completing the 7th day of her encounter with the dengue fever here in NOIDA, a town next to New Delhi, the capital of India. Her fever ran for 6 straight days and platelet counts (done daily) were 140,000, 131,000, 118,000, 118,000, 110,000 and 90,000 till yesterday morning, and then 88,000 yesterday evening. She passed the whole of yesterday (Fri, Oct 12) in relative comfort, with almost no fever, and off the intravenous solutions. The doctor attending to her told us she could be discharged this morning. However, since early morning today (3 hours before writing of this query) she is having itching sensation on her body, though no rashes seem visible. Is this cause for concern, or normal winding down symptoms of the debilitating fever? Given the series of platelet counts above, should we expect platelet counts to go down further. Nidhi does not have any other health complications from the past, and is a normally active girl. Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013