Had delayed periods, negative pregnancy test, done ultrasound scan. Can online doctor help?

Hi, I am 30 and have a child. I was missing my periods for around 12 to 15 days from the usual date, so went for a preg test, which came negative, so as advised by a doc, went for a Pelvic Ultrasound scan...the report says - presence of Bilateral Polycystic Ovaries....also, "Ovaries - both ovaries appear bulky with echogenic stroma. Multiple small sized follicles arranged peripherally". Is this something serious? I have also been asked to undergo few blood tests, which I will be doing in a couple of days. Does this require surgery or medications will help? Kindly advice.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013