Had d&c after miscarriage to remove all tissue. Body ache, face, eyes hot. Periods starting?

I had a miscarriage starting on the 9th September, after 2 weeks I had not passed all the tissue and had to have a d and c on the 23rd September. I bled a lot during the dilation phase as it was 5.5 hours between dilation and the surgery. I had very little bleeding after and was told I was fine at 10 day check up! I woke up this morning with an aching body and what I think is a fever( no thermometer ) but my face is burning up and eyes are hot. Could it just be my new period coming? I had similar symptoms once before after having a real period after a long time on the contraceptive pill . Any advice welcome, hoping it s not infection.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012