Had dark brown blood with less bleeding during last periods. Also had stomach pain and nausea. HPT negative. What is wrong with me?

I wish to thank you for a good answer by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi, OBGYN given to my previous query two months ago. my conception failed then. Here s my present enquiry: Targeting conception, I had intercourse regularly starting from my last ovulation falling on 10 June--saw my periodon the 28th of May. (I m of African race) I d be pleased if you could help me with a good answer to this disappointing development: I saw my period on June 23rd evening but it was not as usual. The blood is dark brown in color and has scanty flow and am not sure it will exceed two days. I ended up the following day with one pad, yet not soaked. I tested myself if there is something ( pregnancy test ), there was nothing like that. But before the period i was having stomach bite and nausea . Doctor, whats wrong with me?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012