Had cyst in ovaries. Advised to take pregnancy pill. Having dysmenorrhea during periods. Reason?

hi! good day! the doctor found a simple cyst on my right and left ovaries last 2007, first, i went to an enterologist then he referred me to an ob-gyn and both of them had the same findings. The doctors i ve seen both advised me of not to have a surgery to remove the cyst cuz they said its typical cases to asian women and could possibly removed by taking a pregnancy pill. I told them i worried of taking pregnancy pill cuz im still single and haven t have a baby yet in my whole life and this makes me concern of not getting pregnant in the future. Do you think i made a right decision of not following their advise? It s been almost 6 years now and i never had a follow up check up about it. However, i am fine,,only when i get my monthly period i get a dysmenorrhea most of the time..i wanna know what causes of having cyst in ovary? is this related to having an abnormal menstruation? about my case,,is there something i should worry about?? please i need your opinion..i would really appreciate it! THANK YOU!
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013