Had cutting lapse. Arm swollen. Had hair scrunchy. Home remedy? Should I see a doctor?

I had a cutting lapse late Saturday night. Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon it seemed to be healing. I didn't get a chance to clean my arm and check it out again until 6am Monday morning. I noticed then that my arm was swollen around that area. I had a hair scrunchy around that area for about 12 hours until I checked it at 6am because my sweater had a hole in it and I wanted to hide my cuts. It's been 7 hours since I cleaned it and removed the hair scrunchy but its still swollen. It's only swollen over the cuts and on the sides. Why is my arm swelling? Can I take care of it at home? How long should I wait till I see a doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Swelling after a cut is normal. But there is a risk of infection. So you need to keep the cut area clean and put a bandaid or dressing on it, so that it does not bump into anything. If the cut remains dry and does not ooze and fluid or pus, then it is healing normal. It takes 5 -7 days for cut heal. During this time any fever, increasing redness or yellow discharge would indicate infection. it needs for a Doctor's consultation.