Had cortisone shot in elbow, unable to extend arm, pain radiating from forearm to wrist. Cause?

Had a cortisone shot in my elbow to treat pain associated with tennis elbow . I could not extend my arm for almost a week afterward. The pain is worse than before the shot and now the bone sticks out in the outer side of my elbow and it looks like I have a chunk of tissue missing. The area is sunken in when my arm is extended. The pain has not gone away and radiates down my forearm into my wrist . What could have caused this and what can I do now?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013