Had corneal abrasion, blurry vision. Caused refractive error leading to cylindrical power. Advised to wear lens. Suggestions?

HI Mr. Jhon Meyer.. I had corneal abrasion as a plant stem got hit into my eye .Was intially told that the scratch on the cornea was superficial (on epithelium ),that wound healed in 3 days but vision is still blurry. it has been a 2 weeks since i hurt my eye.My Doc (opthamologist) told me that the abrasion has caused refractive error (0.5) leading to cylindrical power. i am adviced to wear lense to correct it. .I am worried and would like to know if i would get my normal vision back.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012