Had copper coil inserted. Having abdominal pain. Chances of coil dislodging?

I had a copper coil inserted in December and was supposed to go for a check up but didn t.... Now I am experiencing serious pain in my abdomen in different areas at different times of the month... thought it was my period but it just ended and the cramps are now more severe than ever. Is there a chance the coil could have dislodged and what exactly are the symptoms?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Yes, there are chances that it was either inserted improperly or has "migrated" or "dislodged". It is important to go get this checked out. If it is not inserted properly, you might also be at risk for pregnancy - i.e. check a pregnancy test!

Good luck.