Had copper coil fitted, heavy period. Negative pregnancy tests. Explain?

I had the copper coil fitted in about 8 months ago, my period has been normal although a little heavy but my doc syas thats normal. In Jnauary of this year i saw my period twice which was odd because it has never happened before. all through february i didnt see my period at all and i still havent seen it. I took a pregnancy test twice on friday they both came out negative. i just had a set of twins, they ll be one in a few weeks and i dont want another baby. what could be wrong?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013