Had continuous heart attacks, fluid on heart, lungs, infection in heart, liver, no blocked arteries. Cure?

Friend husband had 3 heart attacks in 2 days , struggling to breath for last 2 weeks .
Had fluid on heart and lungs , then infection in heart and liver.
Had test done and showed no blocked arteries , which was good but bad as doctor thought that was the problem .
Going MRI scan tomorrow .
Still only 10% of heart working , and been told will need medication for rest if life .
I think he is not saying the full story to my friend ? Will he need a transplant with only 10% or will they send him home on medication , he had been very Ill for 2 weeks now . Had done drugs in the past for long time , he is 50 ?
Can you more % of heart function come back ?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013