Had compound fracture humerus involving elbow, have plates and screws, osteoporosis. TENS machine will help?

My husband sustained a compound fracture of the lower third of his humerus 8 months ago, it also involved the elbow. The first surgery failed and he now has 2 plates and some screws. There is no callus and he now has osteoporosis of the lower humerus. He is undergoing physiotherapy. Do you think a TENS machine will aid fracture healing? We have another appointment with the surgeon 3rd May. I think we are heading for more surgery.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013