Had complete hysterectomy. Having pain in groin area radiating to hip. What could this be?

I recently had a complete hysterectomy via di vinci and all went well. However, from the first time I stood following my surgery I have had this pain in my left groin area and radiating into my hip. It was really bad earlier, but has improved over time. I can now stand and walk with very minimal pain, but the pain is still there. sometimes usually upon awakening, the pain feels like I have exhausted my hip muscles. the pain is bearable but I am wondering if it is normal. my dr gave me a steroid pak and that helped greatly and he has order pt. I just wonder what hysterectomy has to do with pt??? otherwise my procedure was a cake walk and my dr...he is wonderful, no complaints, I guess I just want to know what this pain could be. thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013