Had colostomy due to infection. Have depression and addiction to pain killers. On feeding tube. Will Chron's disease give so much pain?

My mother in law just went in for her second operation on her colostomy due to infection. She has an addiction to pain killers and severe depression. She recently attempted suicide and was admitted. She claims she has severe pain all the time. She barely eats she has a feeding tube due to her lack of nutrients. Is chrohns disease this serious? Will chrohns or her colostomy be giving her this much pain? She is in the hospital at least 6 times a month or more and they always send her home.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013