Had colonoscopy, fissure confirmed. On medicines, some improvement. Sentinel pile itching. No help with medicines. Suggestions?

I had a colonoscopy . A fissure was confirmed. Diltiazem 2 percent gel was recommended and it seems to have worked. Better bowel movements now that the internal sphincter is working properly, because I was using anuzinc HC on a continuous daily basis for pain and itch . There has t been bleeding or pain for about 6 months so progress seems to have been made with respect to the fissure. Is it still healing, I don t know. However the sentinel pile is very itchy at night when I go to bed. All seems OK during the day. I m also using Clotrimaderm cream. It helps but won t stop the itch. There is also one skin tag, but this doesn t seem to be the problem. I feel the sentinel pile is. Should it now be removed, should I wait longer. Gold Bond seems to stop the itch but doesn t solve the problem. What is the operation like for sentinel pile removal, the recovery time, etc. I tried an antihistamine for the itch. It worked but caused constipation, so antihistamines are out. That s enough info for now. Your thoughts??? Bob
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013