Had cold and sore throat. Why red face. chills, stuffed nose? What can tone symptoms down?

Hi, I am young adolescent that just got back to school. My mother had a sore throat previously and said she might have a cold , but the only symptom she had was a consistent sore throat. Just yesterday at school I found a lot of people were also sick with various symptoms: slightly pink to reddish face, slight chills, no fever (I think), stuffed nose , but most of all the sore throat. Their voices aren t altered by this but they claim they have a scratchy throat that won t go away. Swallowing hasn t been an issue....yet. I have ALL of those symptoms, except the red face and I have dizziness and a headache . I feel like someone stuffed dry tissues into my head and left it there. Can you please help me? My mom said it might be another sinus infection (I usually get those) but I hate s finally the weekend and I wanted to spend my weekend having fun and finishing up all my homework early and I also have cross country practice everyday (except the weekends) starting this Monday.... It s already Saturday and I m feeling frustrated. Any way I can make this go away as soon as possible, or even just tone down the symptoms?? I can t even do my homework or study because I can t think straight.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012