Had cold. On flucod. Why breathing difficulties? Take nebulisation with asthalin?

my son is 13 years old & weighs 37 kg. day before yesterday he was having some cold for which the doctor advised him with some antibiotic & flucold tablets. but yesterday he was having some breathing difficulty during evening hours. i again took him to the hospital and the doctor told that he is having some asthama sort of problem and advised for nebulisation with asthalin. is it ok pls. advise. my email id is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012