Had clashes with son previously. He is popular at school and a loved one. Suggestions for better parenting?

I clashed with my son for the first 3 yrs. Ok, We still clash !! We re both very determined. Did I teach him this ? Or is he just like his daddy naturally ? We get on great now ( He s 6 ) I was the one who had to change approach.He taught me more about my weaknesses than I was ready for.I just hope I have nt layed the wrong foundations for his confidence.Even though he is really popular in school and his teacher loves him.And I never stop telling him and showing him how much I love him.Im worried because my father was a ! £$$%%^&&** who ruined my confidence.So was my mother.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for your query
The fact that you are asking this question on a forum shows that you are concerned. It shows you love your son. Clashes among family members is natural. But since you are the adult here, you have the chance to be a bigger person. Try working on your temper and keep your cool. Your son will learn that from you. And i don't think your son's confidence should go down if he is fighting back. His energy just needs to be directed properly. And i am sure you are doing a good job at it. Still if you are concerned you should consider consulting a child psychologist. I am sure it will help you and your son a great deal.
Hope that helps.
God bless you

Pediatrician, Neonatology Dr. Ravikiran Reddy's  Response
Hello I have gone through the history. You are a good father according to me and according to your complaints. Kids are known for their beauty and innocence. They spare most of their time in exploring the world which is around them. Their will try to taste different things. Generally we are very intelligent when compared to them. We can create the situation and we can manipulate it but your child can understand . The decision what you have taken is correct i.e you are trying to change. I am happy for you and your kid. Thank you. It's not so difficult to make a good relation. Provide him what ever he likes and don't try to interpret his doing and never handle him physically. Gain him with love.
Thank you good day