Had cholesterol and fatty liver. Is cholesterol cause for fatty liver? Is annual health test sufficient?

The last time I was tested I had a cholesterol level of 6.7 and was told I had a fatty liver. Can high cholesterol cause this? My GGT level was 111 although I do not drink and I am a health freak when it comes to what food I eat. My blood pressure is normal, I am 67 years old, 5.3ins, 9 stone. I have no other health problems or family history of bad health. Do I have anything to worry about and is annual health test sufficient?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013