Had chesty cough, on and off running nose, had laryngitis. On augmentin. Allergy medicines?

Hi , My Name is carole My son is 20 month old . He had a chesty cough about 3 weeks ago ( and was prescribed augmentin antibiotics for 10 days) with an on-off runny nose for about 2 month now . 4 Days after we stopped the augmentin , the cough came back again , everyday louder than the day before . a week ago he had laryngitis , the cough got worse , it s been 2 days he has a fever and his nose is blocked . His father is asthmatic , the GP put him on allergy medications now. what to do ?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013