Had cervical neck pain. Had traction. Had trapesius. Suggested no surgery. Thyroid problem?

I have had cervical neck pain for about two years now with burning pain across my shoulders and specific sharp pain on the one neck vertebrae when I press on it. I experience 'broken glass circles in my vision' type headaches daily. (no pain, just very tiring) I have had traction in hospital for suspected pinched nerve in the neck and physio twice a month for over two years. Recently have had injections in my 'trapesius' in the shoulders by my MD for pain which has relieved pain about 30% only at times. The Orth Surgeon says I do not need surgery. Can the Thyroid maybe cause the neck pain? I am active 70 year old Oil Artist.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013