Had cataract surgery, clouded vision in the eye, cornea reddish, eyelids narrowed, had foreign body in the eye previously. Advice?

Dear Sir, I had a cataract surgery procedure conducted on my left eye 15 days ago (18th. Nov.2012). Since then I am experiencing clouded vision in the operated eye- ie. like there is a film of vaseline. The cornea is also reddish in colour and the eyelids are narrowed giving a slit-like appearance. I m 64 years of age and don t have any medical conditions like hypertension or diabetes. However, there was a glass shard embedded in the iris of the operated eye due to an accident encountered about 50 years ago - the doctors who attended to me then told me to leave the embedded foreign body alone as it was lodged firmly in the eye muscles. During the cataract operation my doctor tried his best to remove it but later expressed his inability to even dislodge it. I understand the healing has been taking an inordinate time - much more than the average time taken for a person to recuperate. Though my Doctor is kind of reassuring, I am now worried that I should not leave it too late - Should I visit another eye specialist? Best regards, Bala
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012