Had cataract sugery to both eyes, dry eye problem with left eye, pain, on Durezol drops. Risks of IPL treatment ?

History: My husband recently had cataract sugery to both eyes. The left eye developed problems in that due to a dry eye problem folds of the film covering the cornea had deposited inside the lower eyelid and that was also corrected. However, his left eye is still in a lot of pain and he gets strings of what looks like mucus in this eye. He is taking Durezol drops until 10/5th when he is to start IPL treatment(s) to cure his severe dry eye. Question: Are you familiar with this IPL treatment that Dr Toyos pioneered? If so, what do you feel about it? My husband has been in such pain I do not him used as a study for a brillant doctor who is only into research.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012