Had calcaneal ostectomy and peroneous tendon repair, pain under heal with light weight increase. Why is it ?

I had a calcaneal ostectomy and peroneous tendon repair and tranfer 4.5 weeks ago. 2 weeks post op had plaster off and stitches out. Went into an air cast boot. Dr said I can begin to light weight bear increasing as I feel I can. I feel pain under the heal and near the wound are - terribly like the pain I was feeling near my outer ankle before the op. When I try to increase the weight and it gets worse if I don t stop and rest it. Needless to say I am still using the crutches most of the time. How realistic is it to be walking on it by the 6 week mark that I was originally told. PS I don t always inflate the boot - should I?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013