Had c-section due to low baby heart rate, bump at the back of baby's head. Could I have had normal delivery?

Hi, I had to have an emergency c-section.....reason given that baby s heartbeat has dropped and there is a swelling on baby s head. Backstory- had contractions abt 10 mins apart, went to l&d...got checked by a nurse and was admitted, Immediately given an enema and an IV was put in to induce labor. Contractions continued another 6 hrs and was asked to push,baby s hearbeat until now was strong... finally doc arrives to do a physical check and claims that baby has a bump at the back of her head, checked the heartbeat which had slowed down a bit and advised that a caesarean was the only way out..........is this standard? Its been 8 months since but I just want the truth as it bothers me and would like to try a vbac next time around. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012