Had buzzing noise from ear and can hardly hear. Taking Sofradox and Flucloxacillin. Recommendations?

was having a buzzing noise in one of my ears,went to my gp,he looked into my ears and said there is wax which needs clearing and then he prescribed cerumol which i took for 3 days as advised but nothing came out,however on the same ear i can hardly hear now and the buzzing is still there and can barely hear on the same ear and at times it gets totally blocked which is so irrittating.I saw my gp again yesterday and expalined this to him,he then checked the ear again and said it was now inflamed and infected.he prescribed sofradox and flucloxacillin 500mg 4 times a day.The buzzing noise is still there and difficult in hearing .I wanted to stop the ear drops as i feel its making it worse.Is this advisable,i dont want to end up being deaf
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013