Had burning face rashes and spots. Had shingles. Using lyrica. Now what?

I had a burning face rash and spots on my cheeks about a montoh ago. I went to the emergency and the doctor there said I should see a naturpath and do yoga . I am a very active and pretty relaxed person most of the time. I have had pain, piercing pain in my neck and head which has got worse after the rash has disappeared which lasted about a week. I went to my own doctor and she was shocked at what the dr. in emerg said as she said I had shingles . She put me on a drug called lyrica which has make me feel sick, tired and I am still having pains in my head and neck. I can t function and I have to work. Just wondering how long this pain lasts and should I go off the lyrica. I am on 25 mg. twice a day. nI am also seeing a Homeopath Doctor in my area. I am the kind of person that does not like taking drugs and drugs really effect me. Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Wed, 16 May 2012