Had brown spotting before periods, delayed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Reason?

8 days before my period was due I had some very light brown spotting, then it went away. I am now 2 days late and I took a test last night and it was negative, I really don t have any symptoms of being pregnant. Could I still be pregnant or maybe have a cyst? I have some a few cyst s in the past but never the spotting before my period.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. The chance for pregnancy is less as you have got negative results but I suggest you to repeat the test after a week. As you have mentioned that you got cyst earlier so that may be the cause for your delayed periods. take iron tablets as if your periods are delayed due to anemia then you will get your periods after taking iron tablets. About brown discharge some people will experience such type of discharge before getting periods. Thank you.