Had bronchitis. Coughing fits, high temperature. Why sweating? What can help?

Monday I took my son, 5 yrs old, to the doctor. Was told he had bronchitis , given a Z-pack. They also after being off of albuterol for 3 years, gave me more solution for the nebulizer . Three days with high fevers, 102-103, vomiting started immediately after the trip to the doctor on monday. Many medicinal cocktails for this boy, which also seems to provide fluids as chasers for the IBprophen, Tylonal, mucinex and dimatapp. BTW, he hasn t been eating hardly anything either. He has had history of passing out with his pickiness and we are already in the process of having him tested for Aspergers (Family history) We went back to doctor on Thursday (yesterday) high fever, horrible cough, not eating. They tested WBC (looked great!) and checked for flu. He has flu and put on Tamaflu (Which he vomits up). Tonight, after a coughing fit while sleeping, I rubbed his feet with Vick rub to stop the coughing fits (which works ). But he was shivering like crazy, as I have been because I caught it too!!! I took his temp and it was 95.8-96.2. I laid next to him for body heat and gave more blankets, it had worked for me and him earlier, though we had both had fevers then. His body temp is now up to 98.0-98.2 and he is drenched in sweat as if he is breaking a fever he doesn t have. After day s of high fevers, him going in the opposite direction doesn t make sense to me. Even with IBprophen he hadn t reached a normal temperature this past week 99 at best and now he is below? I m taking his ear temp like every ten minutes to check on it. Should I take him to the ER? Or see what tomorrow brings?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012