Had broken my 5th metatarsal in my right foot. Having sever pains. Should I get an x-ray done?

hi I m 13, i have broken my 5th metatarsal in my right foot before, 2 years ago and was extremely close to having to get pins put in. i have had some occasional pains in my foot over the years, but now it is getting worse and almost constantly hurts. i have an extremely high pain tolerance and when i went to have it checked out (when i had 1st broken it) the nurse/doctor said there was maybe a hair line fracture and couldn t tell it was broken, but the x-ray showed it was full on broken. Im not sure if i should go get and x-ray yet or wait to see if it gets better. There is no bruising and little to no swelling . what do you think?
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012