Had bright pinkish discharge on first day, dark brownish clots on second day, no discharge on third day, dark brown spotting on fourth day of period. What could this be?

Hi, I had started what I thought was my period 5 days ago. I had never had a period like this. I was about 4 days late, it was a bright pinkish orange color and very light flow my first day. My second day it was dark brownish-red and I passed a few small clotted, about dime sized. Then my third day I had absolutely nothing all day, nothing in my tampon or pad. Than the fourth day I started spotting dark brown almost black looking blood . Weird texture and it s lasted until now, my 6th day. What does this mean?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012