Had bowel issues, constipated. On miralax. Why is stool smelly?

Hi. My 3 year old son has had ongoing bowel issues. He was constantly constipated and pooping out running grainy poops and sometimes passing a large hard stool about once a week. 3 months ago his Dr. Prescribed him miralax. It definitely helped soften his stools . But he still poops small soft stools about 5-7 times a day. His stool has always smelled very musty too. It is getting in the way of toilet training and leaves him with bad diaper rash . Could there be something more going on?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012