Had bimalleolar surgery, itchy and pinkish lump appeared on the surgery area. Is it normal?

I m 51 y.o. weighing in at 135 lb. I broke an ankle on 1/20 and had bi-malleolar surgery. The inner ankle was broken off and reattached . The outer had 2 spiral fractures needing plate and screws. 2 weeks after cast removal and weight bearing I developed intense itch and pinkish, lumpy appearance over surg. area. Today, the following day, I can see and feel what appear to be the pins/screws. Is that normal? Today is Saturday, so . . . no doctor.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Mar 2012