Had benign encapsulated lipoma removed from back. Why has the wound not closed?

4 months ago I had a 5cm benign encapsulated lipoma removed from my back. For 8 weeks folloing the procedure I received wound care that included packing the wound 3 times a week with idoform because the depth of the removal prevented my wound from closing appropriately. Now, more than 4 months later, the wound has not closed, I still experience considerable pain on a daily basis and also have a black waxy discharge . On occasion the discharge is very dry, with a consitancy of sandy mud. I can not get into see my doctor for more than a week. I am female, 34,vegetarian, and my only health concern is slightly elevated BP . No diabetes , thyriod or other disorders/disease.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012