Had beer, smoked cigarettes. Felt giddy, started to perspire. Reason?

Hi doctor,I had a few cups of beer and smoke bout a pack of cigarette. I felt perfectly fine when I was leaving the pub and could even walked as per normal to the nearest bus stop(15mins walk) to get home.and the bus journey was approximately 45mins. Upon reaching home I had a chat with my friends and we smoked again and chatted for an hour. But suddenly I felt very giddy as if everything around me was moving around and I started to lose my balance, it took quite a few minutes to shake off this giddiness and I felt much better as my body starts to perspire for no reason. What is happening to me?
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012