Had arthoscopy in left knee, twisted knee while playing, swollen. How to recover from this injury ?

i had undergone an arthoscopy in my left knee . I had a meniscus tear. which was operated in 2008. ON 11 Jan 13 while playing cricket i twisted my knee and i think i have injured the same area. the symptoms are similar to the one i had in 2008. i suspect another meniscus tear. The swelling in the knee is still there. I need to know how to go about with this injury. What all precautions i have to take. What should i do to recover fast. Do i have to do hot or cold fermentation etc..
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013