Had appendix removed. Pain in operated area. Constipated, Taken codeine. Suggest?

I m in a lot of pain. I had my appendix removed in hospital on Wednesday morning and was discharged Wednesday night. It s now Saturday morning and the pain in operated area is now worse and my stomach is very swollen. Could this be because I am very constipated and have not had a bowel movement for over a week and certainly not since operation due to the painkillers (endone) which I have been on which are full of codeine? What do you recommend I do about the pain and also the constipation . Would be very grateful for your advice. Thank u
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013