Had appendix removal. Constant cramps, not been to bathroom since operation. given docusate, tylenol. Suggest?

I had my appendix removed two days ago and was released from the hospital the same night. I am getting constant cramps . Its tough to cough at times and the place of the incision (left side) hurts quite a bit. I was prescribed Docusate Sodium pills as the softener of some sort? As well as Tylenol with Codeine . My appetite of course is not the same as before but i fear eating too much because i havent been able to go the bathroom since the operation. I was reading online for things to take for it and Maralax or however is spelt came up a few times as well as enema and laxatives. What is actually the most effective for me to take???? -Please and thank you in advance.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012