Had appendectomy. Irregular bowel movements, retaining water. Feet, legs swollen. Serious symptoms?

My father is 72 and had an appendectomy 2 weeks ago. His bowel movement is irregular and he is retaining water. His feet and legs are a viber swollen. His kidneys are 30% and is taking lasix for water retention, norvasc 10mg and Concore 5 mg for hypertension and insulin for his diabetes. He now has a bit of stomach pain he says is gas. Are his symptoms something we should be alarmed about or normal post op?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013