Had aortic valve replacement, suffering from high BP. How to control it?

I ve just been given losartan 25 mg & as from yesterday I m now on 50mg. I had a aortic valve replacement last year (April ) for a bi cuspid valve which turned stenosis . I now it appears have high blood preasure. I am experiencing flutters & my blood preasure was at its highest through the night 153/89 so I drank a lot of water to reduce it which it did but I still feel exhausted this morn with a little discomfort in my chest . My blood preasure reading is 129/81. Is it possible it s the drug settling in ?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013