Had angioplasty. Gastric and stomach issues. Why heavy cough? Blame smoking?

My father had angioplasty 5 months back... he was a smoker and was consuming alcohol then. After angioplasty, he stopped them for 2 months. Now he smokes 1 or 2 cigarettes daily and consumes alcohol once in 3 days. His problem is he is having stomach problems like gastric since a week and having heavy cough which is more during nights. What could be the cause, is it his angioplasty? He had a stent placed.. please advice!!
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012