Had an ultrasound. Black mark in uterus. What is it? Why can I not do IUI?

Today I had a day 3 ultrasound and there was a black mark ( gestational sac ) in my uterus. I have been undergoing IUI due to husbands low sperm count . They sent me for a blood pregnancy test, which came back negative. They won t allow me to do IUI this cycle and want me to follow up w my Obgyn doctor. My question is: is there any chance I am indeed pregnant and just not producing hcg yet. Or what else could the black spot be?? Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012