Had an ipill after unprotected sex. Having vaginal bleeding. How long will it persist and reason ?

Hi doctor. I had unprotected sex on 5th day of my periods. Took an i- pill within 2hrs on the same day. After 5 days, Im having vaginal bleeding . Its not as heavy as it does during periods. Why is that bleeding happening and how long will it persists? Also are there any chances of me getting pregnant even after this bleeding?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Taking an ipill within 24 hours of unprotected aexual intercours providea 98% protection from conception. As for the bleeding, this is a side effect of the pill, and should subside in a while, do not worry.

Chances of pregnancy are slim to absent. Hope this helps.

Best wishes.