Had an ingrown toe nail removed, sore, hurts, not infected, no discharge. Cause and cure?

Good Morning,
I had an ingrown toe nail removed last Thursday on the outside of big toe! My question is this, right after the surgery for about the first 3-4 days its was sore but not to the extreme. Now its very sore, its hurts even when not touching it. Does not appear to be infected there is no discolored discharge. I'm thinking its coming from the acid that was applied. I've had my other big toe done twice and had a hard time with that one as well. I'm thinking I should at least let my Dr know. Thanks you!
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013